02 September 2017

#summerofbasics



When I read about the #summerofbasics callenge by Karen Templer I knew I wanted to participate. The garments I chose to make will go perfectly with my wardrobe. I love wearing reds, green is a surprisingly good new addition and I can't get enough of grey. I'm probably not brave enough to wear the flowery Orla without some kind of cardigan or the Deschain over it, but that's all right, I'll always have fall and spring.


Here are my makes troughout the months:


June

The Orla Dress

It is a free pattern and looked so cute I had to make one. As I'm not a fan of sleeves in summer I modified the upper body pieces so I could add bias binding to it and have a sleeveless Orla.
I'm not sure what the fabric is exactly but it should be a cotton satin or batist. It was another dress once. I had made it when I just started sewing and never actually wore it.

Notes for next time:
  • I made a size M and could probably go down a size for the bodice.
  • Install a longer zipper
  • The binding for the neck gaps a little bit - so I need to look into it

SilkenStrawSummerSweater


Another reduce-my-stash project. Some years ago I bought 2 skeins of Drops Lace (back when it was 100g per skein) in this beautiful rusty red and never made it into the sweater I wanted to.
The #summerofbasics challenge was the perfect reason to finally use it (since I didn't even use a whole skein I could knit another summer shirt out of it)
I love the I-cord for the hem, armholes and neck throughout the shirt
It is very sheer so I'm not quite sure how to wear it but I could probably layer it over a sleeveless dress


July

Deschain 😍

What a pattern. I want to make tons of Deschains.
This is my first try at something cropped and lacy. I always thought this wasn't for me because my lower back needs to be kept warm.
Definitely my favourite make for the #summerofbasics challenge.
Such a fast and easy knit. The lace pattern is so pretty.

Modifications:
  • 6 repeats of pattern in total 
  • 1 repeat for upper back
  • I didn't do the neck finishing

August



I count my last project as a +one because it is a heavily modified Orla. You see it is only the skirt part and I added a fake button band to the front, pockets and used an elastic waist for the back. Because the elastic I had was sh*tty I added belt loops so I could add a small belt to keep the skirt in place. I really need to find good and longliving elastics for my following projects. So if you have any recommendations, please don't be shy and tell me.


The forest green double-gauze isn't the highest quality fabric and will probably pill soon.
But I am quite pleased with the result and will definitely sew more skirts in this style. I'm a fan of solid, rich colours.

28 September 2016

Sophie...

...eine quadratische, in Runden gehäkelte Mandala-Decke. Und die Anleitung dafür gibt es kostenlos(!!!).


3 Monate hat es gedauert, bis die tolle Sophie fertig geworden ist. Schon im Juni habe ich mit ihr angefangen, doch über den Sommer war es mir dann oft zu warm, an einer Häkeldecke zu arbeiten.
Aber nun ist sie fertig.

 
Ein tolles Projekt diese Sophie. Wenn ich sie schon früher entdeckt hätte - also im letzten Jahr - hätte ich sicher am Crochet-Along teilgenommen und mich jede Woche überraschen lassen, wie es mit der Sophie wohl weiter geht.


Die Decke benötigt einiges an Planung, jedoch gibt es auf Ravelry jede Menge Inspiration was die Farb- und Garnwahl angeht.
Ich wollte zuerst mit Drops Big Merino häkeln und nur 5 verschiedenen Farbtönen verwenden, damit die Decke sich gut in mein Zuhause einfügt und nicht zu bunt wird. Tja, als ich dann jedoch mit diesem Garn angefangen hatte, habe ich gemerkt, dass mir die Decke so viel zu schwer und dick werden würde. Leider haben auch die Farben nicht beosnders gut zusammen gepasst.
Also habe ich alles umgewälzt und mich dieses Mal für Drops Alpaca entschieden und da es bei diesem Garn so viele tolle Farben gibt, auch für ein wenig mehr Farbvielfalt (12 verschiedene Töne). Es ist absolut traumhaft ein so riesiges Wollpaket zu bekommen.



So habe ich dann einfach munter drauf los gehäkelt und die Sophie wuchs und wuchs.
Ein paar schwere Runden waren schon dabei, aber die bebilderte Anleitung und die Videos haben mir immer weiter geholfen.



Am Ende hatte ich von den 23 Knäuel noch ein wenig übrig, so dass ich noch 3 weitere Runden hinzugefügt habe, es ist jedoch immer noch Garn übrig.

Jetzt muss ich mich nur noch dazu überwinden, sie auch zu benutzen und sie nicht nur anzuschauen. Mal sehen, ob mir das gelingen wird.